Autodesk Revit MEP is a single software application that aids a BIM (Building Information Modeling) workflow from theory to construction. It was created by Autodesk for professionals who engage in MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) Engineering. Autodesk Revit is a parametric building modeler which is able to leverage dynamic information in intelligent models – allowing complex building systems to be a precisely designed and verified in less amount of time. It allows users to draw a building, structure and its constituents in 3D, note the model with 2D drafting elements, and access building information from the building model’s database.
How Will You Get Course Completion Certification...?
Your course completion certificate will be available on your login dashboard after completing the course. You will be able to download the certificate only if you submit all of your assignments and projects.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the concepts of building information modelling and introduce the tools for parametric engineering design and documentation using Revit MEP.
This course covers the basics of building information modelling and the tools for parametric MEP systems design and documentation. Students will learn the fundamental features of Revit MEP, and then progress through schematic design, system analysis and construction documentation before finishing with design visualization.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe building information modeling methodology.
- Use the different parts of the Revit MEP user interface and work with differenttypes of Revit elements and families.
- Manage the different views and change their properties, control the visibilityand appearance of elements in different views, and work with section, elevation, and 3D views.
- Set up a project using different templates, link Revit models, share projectsusing worksheets, define discipline settings, and import and edit DWG details.
- Create spaces and zones in a Revit model.
- Analyze an analytical model for conducting a building performance analysis,
- Define heating and cooling loads information, and calculate heating and cooling loads.
- Create HVAC systems, generate HVAC system layouts, and create andmodify ductwork using Revit tools.
- Layout and create system piping.
- Create plumbing systems.
- Create fire protection systems.
- Create electrical circuits and wiring
- Monitor changes in files of other disciplines linked to Revit MEP and check and fix interference
- Work with callout, detail, and drafting views.
- Work with text and tags, dimensions, legends, and schedules.
- Add titleblocks to a sheet, update the project information in a titleblock, and work with sheets.
- Create and modify simple families.
Autodesk has now released Revit® 2020. New and enhanced Revit® building design software features support consistent, coordinated, and complete modeling for multidiscipline design that extends to detailing and construction.
- PDF underlay support: Insert a PDF into Revit from any source and snap to the PDF to model new elements based on the 2D data.
- Path of travel: Understand how people will move in a building or navigate a space to analyse design performance.
- Elliptical walls: Create more advanced wall geometry with the ability to draw elliptical walls and curtain walls.
- Tag, schedule and view filter for level: Schedule level of elements and use those values in view filters, streamlining the ability to interact with elements in the properties palette.
- Track and edit scope box parameter in view list: Include the scope box parameter in a view list, co-ordinate crop regions across multiple views without opening each view.
- Create parts from imported geometry: Imported geometry (direct shapes) can now be split into parts. Make cuts and adjustments to parts using Revit opening and cut tools.
- Copy and paste legends across sheets: Enhanced copy-and-paste functionality for legends lets you efficiently copy legends for use in other locations.
- Improved rebar copy and move logic: Get more predictable behaviour when copying and moving shape-driven rebar, for higher accuracy and design intent fidelity.
- Enhanced multi-rebar annotation: Use multi-rebar annotations for planar parallel freeform rebar sets and concrete faces.
- Steel connections for Dynamo: Use Dynamo to accelerate the insertion of multiple steel connections based on user-defined rules.
- Propagation of steel connections: Quickly add similar steel connections to your project by propagating existing connections.
- Electrical panel feed through lugs connection: Model the connection of panels through feed-through lugs, more accurately documenting the system design.
- Electrical homerun wiring improvements: With more control over arrowheads and tick marks, create electrical documentation that is easier to understand and use.
- Revit extension for fabrication exports: Generate CSV output to be used in spreadsheets or other data environments directly from Revit.
- Change service improvement: Change service now allows multi-shape services to be preserved or replaced in a single operation.
Each chapter begins with concepts and learning objectives, and then moves into an easy way supported by full–colour and real-world exercises.
- INTRODUCTION TO REVIT MEP and MEP Design
- Work sharing
- Family Creation
- Solid Modeling
- Light Fixture
- Linking Revit files to MEP collaboration
- Introduction to plenum levels
- Creating plenum levels
- Creation of spaces and zones
- Energy analysis
- HVAC Design
- Heating and cooling Load Analysis
- Logical systems
- Mechanical system and Duct work
- Mechanical piping System
- Inspect system
- Electrical Design
- Lighting Analysis
- Power and Communication Design
- Plumbing Design
- Fire Protection System
- Sheet setting
Revit MEP is used across several industries internationally. The application is used as a powerful engineering model to create, document and print parametric models. Having being used across the construction industry, MEP certified professionals are high in demand.
KVR ENCLAVE | AMEEREPT HYDERABAD
10:00 AM – 22.00 PM
Monday – Sunday
Phone: 9985101023 | 9985023023