Autodesk 3ds Max, formerly 3D Studio and 3D Studio Max, is a professional 3D computer graphics program for making 3D animations, models, games, and images. It is developed and produced by Autodesk Media and Entertainment. It has modeling capabilities and flexible plugin architecture and can be used on the Microsoft Windows platform. It is frequently used by video game developers, many TV commercial studios and architectural visualization studios. It is also used for movie effects and movie pre-visualization. For its modeling and animation tools, the latest version of 3ds Max also features shaders (such as ambient occlusion and subsurface scattering), dynamic simulation, particle systems, radiosity, normal map creation and rendering, global illumination, a customizable user interface, new icons, and its own scripting language.
How Will You Get Course Completion Certification...?
Your course completion certificate will be available on your login dashboard after completing the course. You will be able to download the certificate only if you submit all of your assignments and projects.
The primary objective of this course is to teach students the essentials of working in 3D using an array of features and tools. This course teaches new users the basics of creating, embellishing, and animating 3D scenes.
After completing this course, student should be able to:
- Model objects using a variety of techniques
- Design and apply materials
- Adjust basic lighting
- Animate simple objects
- Build and animate simple, effective environments
Autodesk has now released 3ds Max 2020, the latest version of its 3D modeling, animation and rendering software, an efficient and flexible toolset to help you create better 3D content in less time. The new release updates the user experience with customer-requested features that enable faster playback speeds, optimize performance and increase flexibility.
Solutions in the 3ds Max 2020.3 Update
- ATF Importer Update: Now supports all newer versions of SketchUp files.
- Added the ability to import JT 10.5 files
- Improved scene hierarchy for JT imports
- The ability to import CATIA V4 files that were created in CATIA V5-6R2019
- SketchUp importer enhancement with edge visibility
- SketchUp importer enhancement welding of imported geometry
- Chamfer and Modeling improvements: Chamfer enhancements made from 3ds Max 2020 through to the 3ds Max 2020.3 Update allow modelers to work more efficiently and to have the tools where they need them whether they’re in the modifier or EditablePoly objects.
- New Chamfer Mitering types (Radial and Patch) are available in EditablePoly caddies/dialogs
- We also updated chamfer algorithms to better handle edge cases, producing more pleasing geometry overall and avoiding degeneracies such as flattening or skewing of edges
- Transform Toolbox now uses world units.
- Viewport Enhancements: Time-saving and quality improvements with the existing viewport.
- Arnold lights are now supported in the viewport
- Arnold Alembic and Procedural now have viewport representation
- While in Active Shade, you can now change render settings without needing to restart Active Shade
- Arnold MAXtoA Update: This update delivers several improvements from Arnold 220.127.116.11 Core, the MAXtoA plugin, and Arnold GPU beta bringing even more speed, power, and flexibility to artist workflows.
MAXtoA 3.2.66 “in the box” – Newer version may be available, check the 3ds Max Arnold render dialog for upgrades.
- Expose the clip_geo shader
- Expose the shader_override node for overriding all the scene’s shaders
- Expose the aov_read shaders
- Added the option to have no background
- Support for normal and height maps
- Bake elements transfer
- Fit and Finish: Various additional updates have been made to smooth out workflows.
- PySide2 updated to 5.12.4 to match Qt version to resolve some instability
- Addressed issue preventing Python developers to access with consistent results Python APIs and properties imported into Maxscript.
- Physical Camera from previous version scenes no longer cause unpredictable behavior
- Bitmaps used in OSL Map were previously locked from saving in other editing applications
- Texture Selection fixed when changing material IDs
- Texture dropdown no longer loses all textures when reset
- Select All and Inverse no longer select hidden or frozen UVs
- Forge Design Automation API for 3ds Max: On October 28th, 2019, the Forge Design Automation V3 API was made public. Design Automation can be used to automate mundane, repetitive, time-consuming and error-prone tasks, which means:
- Leveraging your existing 3ds Max scripts and plugins using the Design Automation API for 3ds Max
- Batch in the cloud
- Expert 3ds Max artists can focus on more meaningful work
- Less knowledgeable users can leverage the power of 3ds Max in the cloud via custom web tools
- built on Forge
- There is a reduced need for local hardware resources and licenses
Each chapter begins with concepts and learning objectives, and then moves into an easy way supported by full–colour and real-world exercises. You will create actual animations as you learn a retro–Style Alarm clock and more while you conquer the techniques of Modeling, Rigging, Animating, Rendering, and Architectural Visualization. When you′re finished, you′ll also have a head start on preparing for the Autodesk 3DS MAX Certified Professional exam.
Learn these Autodesk 3ds Max essentials and more:
- Introduction to 3dsmax
- Modeling using primitives
- Transforming objects
- Customizing working units
- Arranging objects using utility tools
- Modeling using parametric modifier
- Editing poly models – using caddy interface
- Spline modeling
- Landscaping and modeling using compound objects
- Construct using Architectural (AEC extends and plugins) objects
- Cloth and cloth simulations
- Lights and camera settings
- Materials/Texture – Basics & Advance
- Particle systems & Forces
- Importing other formats
- Basics of Animation of crowd including (Populate Tool)
- Walk – through
- Creating HD Architectural Renders
With updating skills on a regular basis to remain competitive emerging as a norm, we are happy to offer you a professional certification recognized by industry and academia which would increase your employability manifolds. It would increase your employability across various domains likescientific research, engineering, manufacturing, educational sectors etc. and equip you with the skill sets needed to excel in your career and be the harbinger of change in your organization.
KVR ENCLAVE | AMEEREPT HYDERABAD
10:00 AM – 22.00 PM
Monday – Sunday
Phone: 9985101023 | 9985023023